Get A Firm Tush, Toned Arms, & Flat Abs While You
Purge, Clean, & Organize! We don’t always have the luxury to get to the gym, let alone the time to workout. That said, we all have 30 seconds here and there! In fact, you would be amazed by how effective 30 seconds throughout your day can add up giving you tremendous results!
Spring – time is the perfect excuse to trim down unwanted stuff and inches! Kill 2 birds with one stone, TASKERCISE™, (combine exercise with your tasks!
Learn 3 of my favorite Spring cLEANing Workouts
What you need: A rag/paper towel for wiping, and your cleaner.
Where to do it: Where you have windows.
What it works: This TASKERCISE will truly work your core, tush, thighs
- Stand facing your window, with your hips squared off and your feet shoulder width apart.
- If they are windows, bend your knees, with your weight mostly on your heels, (that will tone your tush). Make sure your knees don’t bend beyond your toes.
- After you spray your cleaner on your window, you are going to make circles. Start with the right arm and do 5-7 wide circles, then switch sides.
- While you are wiping, be sure not to wiggle your hips. This is key! Concentrate on isolating your core muscles, by keeping your abs engaged, and your pelvis tucked under you.
- Put pressure against the window, (as if there are handprints all over). This will create a wonderful resistance that will really tone your abs and make your windows streak free!
Watch how to do this effective core strengthening/window cleaning workout! http://youtu.be/j979dHRzr74
What you need: A drawer that needs organizing, a trash bag, a counter.
What it works: This TASKERCISE will truly work your lift your tush and firm your thighs.
- Take your messy drawer and dump the contents onto a counter.
- You are going to make 3 piles. 1 pile is to go back in the drawer the second pile is to find a new drawer, and the third is to dump.
- As you sort through your piles, you are going to hold a squat position, (as if you are sitting in a chair).
- Your feet should be shoulder width apart and facing forward.
- Bend your knees, making sure that your weight is primarily on your heels, and that your knees don’t extend beyond your toes.
- Engage your abs and make sure your spine is nice and straight.
- Challenge yourself by holding this position the entire time you are making your 3 piles.
- When you are done, pulse for a count of 8. Then move onto the next drawer!
What you need: A floor to clean, your cleaner and a mop/Swiffer.
What it works: Core, thighs and butt
- Stand with feet about shoulder-width apart, holding your mop/Swiffer your hands.
- Get into a low plié, bending knees, with your toes turned out, ( make sure your knees don’t extend beyond the toes, your back straight, pelvis tucked under you and keep your weight on the heels.
- As you Swiff/mop your floors, keep your abs engaged and your hips steady. ( this will give you a deep abdominal workout.
- Extend your arms to mop back and forth 4 times. Then, move to another area and repeat, continuing until floor is mopped.
- If you press firmly down on the floor with your Swiffer, you’ll create a greater resistance, while engaging your abs.