Erica Ahmed is the owner of The Green Laundress, an eco-friendly and people friendly company that manufactures green cleaning products. Trained as a health educator and senior communication specialist in the public health field, Erica started developing cleaning products shortly after the birth of her daughter more than a decade ago. From the beginning her daughter suffered with very dry, itchy skin. Unfortunately, Erica had very little success with the mainstream products available at that time. She began researching and experimenting until she came up with the right combination of natural, non-toxic ingredients for her daughter’s skin and laundry!
- Baby steps to going green, make it a family affair
- Chemical sensitivity
- A bigger, greener conversation
Some questions she answers for Leslie
- Why is cleaning green important? What are the benefits?
- Aren’t there government agencies that regulate and monitor cleaning products just as they do for food and cosmetics?
- Why talk about green cleaning now? Today we have so many options in the marketplace.